61st Davis Invitational
April 28, 2018
There are some changes from previous years, so read all information very carefully.
Also, note the entry deadline date: 7:00 pm on Monday, April 23rd
1. The meet will again be held on one day (Saturday, April 28) with no trials, only finals. We will begin the track events at 8:30am and the field events at 9:00am. Severe weather will postpone the open portion of the meet to Mon, April 30 and the invited session to Tues, May 1.
2. The meet is open to athletes of all classifications. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for the best athletes in Utah and surrounding states to meet in head-to-head competition. It is a state qualifying meet for all classifications.
3. The afternoon Invited Session will consist of a one heat/flight final with only the top eight (8) times in the lane and relay events, and top ten (10-18) entrants in all other events. An alternate will be named for all invited events that are run in lanes to ensure a complete field.
4. The morning or Open Session will be limited to the next 35-80 top athletes entered depending on the event. We will also accept the top 16 times in the 4 x 100 and 4 x 400 relays and the top 8 entered times in the Medley Relay for the Open Session. MAKE SURE TO ENTER SEED MARKS FOR ALL ATHLETES AND RELAYS.
5. All entry marks must be verified. Coaches may question any mark submitted. All times must be FAT or submitted in accordance with the rule book (rounding up all hand held times to the next tenth and adding .24/.14 seconds).
6. Athletes may compete in both the Open and Invited sessions, but not in the same event (unless as an alternate moved into the Invited Session). Athletes are limited to four (4) total events, combining Open and Invited sessions.
7. AS WE HAVE DONE IN PREVIOUS YEARS: If an athlete’s mark qualifies them for the Invited Session, we want them to compete in the Invited Session. We want all quality athletes in the Invited and we want to give the marginal athlete in the Open a legitimate chance of medaling. Please email with any special circumstances (DavisInvitational@gmail.com).
8. If you want an athlete to compete in only the Invited Session in an event (meaning if they don’t make the Invited Session the athlete will NOT be placed in the Open Session) email - DavisInvitational@gmail.com.
9. Schools may enter more than one relay team per event.
10. Custom medals will be awarded to the top six finishers (top three relays) in the Open Session. Custom watches will be awarded to the winners of the Invited events (including relays), with medals given to the next five places in individual events and next two relay teams. T-shirts will also be given to the winning athletes in the Invited Session. Four Outstanding Athlete and Outstanding Performance Awards will be presented.
11. There will be no team awards or team score.
12. All entries are due 7:00 pm, Monday, April 23. No Late Entries will be accepted.
13. Entries will be made on runnercard.com. Invited and Open Heats will be emailed through the UHSTCA email list and will be posted on www.davisinvite.blogspot.com Tuesday, April 24. Adjustments in the Open and Invited Heats can be made until 8:00 pm on Wednesday, April 25. Email or call Markham Hyde: DavisInvitational@gmail.com (801) 721-9157 with any adjustments or questions the week of the meet.
14. COST: OPEN SESSION- $2 per athlete per event and $8 for each relay; INVITED SESSION- $5 per athlete per event and $12 for each relay.
15. Remember you must pay for every athlete accepted as an entrant as of 8:00pm on Wednesday, April 25, not just those who compete. Entry fees can be paid at the gate at check-in. Invoices will be available. Checks can also be sent in after the invitational.
16. A luncheon for coaches, officials, and sponsors will be held between sessions. Three passes will be issued for each team (Six if both boys and girls are entered). Additional coaches passes may be purchased for $5 each.
17. Notification of entry acceptance will be posted at www.davisinvite.blogspot.com on Tuesday, April 24. They will also be emailed out through the UHSTCA email list.
18. Davis Invitational T-Shirts will be sold for $10 at the gate.
19. Spectators will be charged $3 per person (students and adults). Entrance is free for all athletes in uniform. Free admission for children 13 and under.
20. Field events will have an assigned coaches box. Coaches only are allowed to show film to their athletes per the rule book in the coaches box as long as the athlete is not called up. Only 1 coach per school may be in a coaches box due to limited spacing. Please instruct your other athletes not to be in the coaches box. Failure to comply with this rule can result in your athletes being disqualified from their event.
All Information can also be found at http://davisinvite.blogspot.com
Send entry fees and direct questions to:
Davis High School
325 South Main Street
Kaysville, UT. 84037
Phone- 801-721-9157 (cell) 801-402-8977 (school)
Monday, April 23 (7:00 pm) - Entries Due
Tuesday, April 24 - Accepted Entries Posted
Wednesday, April 25 (8:00 pm) - Last Day to adjust Open or Invited Heats
(Deadline to Drop Athletes without being charged)