60th Davis High Track and Field Invitational
April 29, 2017
There are some changes from previous years, so read all information very carefully.
The Davis Invitational is patterned after the Arcadia Invitational (CA) with two sessions: "Open" and "Invited" (or "Seeded"). The top marks entered in the meet will be placed in the Invited Session. The rest of the accepted marks will be placed in the Open Session. Not all entries will be accepted into the meet; please make sure to enter honest, FAT marks in all events.
Entries will be done through www.runnercard.com. Info posted at www.davisinvite.blogspot.com
Also, note the entry deadline date: 7:00 pm on Monday, April 24th
1. The meet will again be held on one day (Saturday, April 29) with no trials, only finals. Severe weather will postpone the open portion of the meet to Mon, May 1 and the invited session to Tues, May 2.
2. The meet is open to athletes of all classifications. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for the best athletes in Utah and surrounding states to meet in head-to-head competition. It is a state qualifying meet for all classifications.
3. The afternoon Invited Session will consist of a one heat/flight final with only the top eight (8) times in the lane and relay events, and top ten (10-18) entrants in all other events. An alternate will be named for all invited events that are run in lanes to ensure a complete field.
4. The morning or Open Session will be limited to the next 35-70 top athletes entered depending on the event. We will also accept the top 16 times in the 4 x 100 and 4 x 400 relays and the top 8 entered times in the Medley Relay for the Open Session.
5. All entry marks must be verified. Coaches may question any mark submitted. All times must be FAT or submitted in accordance with the rule book (rounding up all hand held times to the next tenth and adding .24/.14 seconds).
6. Athletes may compete in both the Open and Invited sessions, but not in the same event (unless as an alternate moved into the Invited Session or a champion from the Open Field Events being moved up to the Invited). Athletes are limited to four (4) total events, combining Open and Invited sessions.
7. AS WE HAVE DONE IN PREVIOUS YEARS: If an athlete’s mark qualifies them for the Invited Session, we want them to compete in the Invited Session. We want all quality athletes in the Invited and we want to give the marginal athlete in the Open a legitimate chance of medaling. Please email with any special circumstances (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8. If you want an athlete to compete in only the Invited Session in an event (meaning if they don’t make the Invited Session the athlete will NOT be placed in the Open Session) email Corbin Talley: email@example.com.
9. Schools may enter more than one relay team per event.
10. Custom medals will be awarded to the top six finishers (top three relays) in the Open Session. Custom watches will be awarded to the winners of the Invited events (including relays), with medals given to the next five places in individual events and next two relay teams. T-shirts will also be given to the winning athletes in the Invited Session. Four Outstanding Athlete and Outstanding Performance Awards will be presented.
11. There will be no team awards or team score.
12. All entries are due 7:00 pm, Monday, April 24. No Late Entries will be accepted.
13. Entries will be made on runnercard.com. Invited and Open Heats will be emailed through the UHSTCA email list and will be posted on www.davisinvite.blogspot.com Tuesday, April 25. Adjustments in the Open and Invited Heats can be made until 6:00 pm on Thursday, April 27. Email or call Corbin Talley: firstname.lastname@example.org (801) 580-8713 with any adjustments or questions the week of the meet.
14. COST: OPEN SESSION- $2 per athlete per event and $8 for each relay; INVITED SESSION- $5 per athlete per event and $12 for each relay.
15. All entry fees can be paid the morning of the meet at registration. Remember you must pay for every athlete accepted as an entrant as of 6:00pm on Thursday, April 27, not just those who compete. Checks can also be sent in after the invitational.
16. A luncheon for coaches, officials, and sponsors will be held between sessions. Three passes will be issued for each team (Six if both boys and girls are entered). Additional coaches passes may be purchased for $5 each.
17. Notification of entry acceptance will be posted at www.davisinvite.blogspot.com on Tuesday, April 19. They will also be emailed out through the UHSTCA email list.
18. Davis Invitational T-Shirts will be sold for $10 at the gate.
19. Spectators will be charged $3 per person (students and adults). Entrance is free for all athletes in uniform. Free admission for children 13 and under.
All Information can also be found at http://davisinvite.blogspot.com
Send entry fees and direct questions to:
Davis High School
325 South Main Street
Kaysville, UT. 84037
Phone- 801-580-8713 (cell) 801-402-8957 (school)
School FAX# 801-402-8801
Monday, April 24 (7:00 pm) - Entries Due
Tuesday, April 25 - Accepted Entries Posted
Thursday, April 27 (6:00 pm) - Last Day to adjust Open or Invited Heats
(Deadline to Drop Athletes without being charged)